Re: results of Semantic Web application survey available

Benjamin,

very interesting!

Did you also try to find out which of these applications are more than
just research prototypes and are also deployed for real use, at least in
a prototypical phase? Certainly not all of them are (these projects are
very often bound to somebody's PhD, and the project stops once the
funding runs out and/or the PhD is finished).

The reason I am asking is that we are collecting use cases and case
studies for the SWEO:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/sweo/public/UseCases/

but our goal is to use these to convince companies, investors, big
institutions, etc, that the SW can give them a technology where they can
either make money or (say, for a government institution) they can
significantly improve their operations. In this setting a purely
university project does not really fly unless really deployed (and can
even backfire; one of the messages that one still gets is that the SW is
 purely an academic project of no interest for industry...)

So: do you think any entry of those would be suitable for that?

Thanks a lot

Ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/