Re: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/sweo/public/UseCases/

Bijan Parsia wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I very much value the case studies and use cases document.

Thanks!

>                                                              One thing
> that would make it much more useful to me is if there were a search
> facet on technology/w3c standard used. For example, today I came because
> I wanted to look at the OWL use cases and case studies for something for
> the OWL working group. I can do this by looking at each one....but
> that's nasty! :) And I'd rather only do it once, or best of all, have
> other people do it :)

I think the ideal way of doing this (actually, probably the only
'kosher' way) would be to ask the submitters in case of doubt. Susie,
what do you think

(My memory tells me that 90% of the cases actually use OWL, though it is
not clear on which OWL level. I think that would be the really
interesting point: OWL Full, DL, or Lite, or do not know.)

I will try to find some time for this, because it does make sense...
pity we did not think about this at the very beginning!

> Also, a quick accessiblity/seachenginability sanity check (i.e.,
> browsing the page in Lynx) reveals that the content is not particularly
> search engine/lynx friendly (this doesn't mean it's inaccessible, per
> se, as screen readers --- as I understand them ---  should be able to
> cope). See:
>     <http://simile.mit.edu/wiki/Exhibit/How_to_make_Exhibit_search_engine_%22friendly%22>

I will look at that, though the page refers to Exhibit 1, and our page
uses Exhbit 2:-(

> While I'm mailing y'all, I'll point to a talk I gave at IBM this summer:
>     <http://clarkparsia.com/talks/semweb-tech-in-practice/>
>
> which has a couple of nice cases in the medical domain (SNOMED in NHS
> and a french online medical advice system). Alas, I don't have a huge
> amount of detail on either.

And you do not have to:-) I you can give us pointers of people we should
contact, Susie or I can try to get to them and would try to get them to
submit a use case. The only advise we would need is whom you think we
should contact... (This is how we got the use case of Renault, IanH gave
us the contact based on an OWLED presentation.)

B.t.w.... I know that Susie was in contact with Kendall to see if
Clark&Parsia could submit some use cases or case studies jointly with
some of your customers. This somehow died down, I guess all of you are
overworked. But it would good to have those, too...

Thanks Bijan

Ivan

Home: http://www.w3.org/People/Ivan/