Re: data format for gathered information

Danny Ayers wrote:
> Quick thoughts: I see the motivation re. reuse, but rather than trying
> to use solely RSS 1.0 for the items, it might be better to use more
> precise terms where they exist, as_well_as the RSS terms, e.g.
>
> <http://example.org/doc> a rss:item; a foaf:Document .
>
> For the taxo stuff, SKOS sounds a very good idea generally, though I
> wouldn't be surprised if there were existing vocabs that could be used
> for things like "tutorial" etc.
> I'll cc Ian, he hangs around libraries...
>
> It might also be worth considering (perhaps redundantly again) the Tag
> Ontology at
> http://www.holygoat.co.uk/projects/tags/
>
> Cheers,
> Danny.

All,

I think we can pull this off with SIOC with SKOS, FOAF, and RSS
incorporated.

When I mention SIOC please do not think Discussion Forums, Mailing
Lists, Blogs etc.. This about a Generic Data Model for:

1. Item/Entity Containers (for collections)
2. Item/Entity Types
3. Item/Entity Properties

Everything on the information gathering page falls into the People,
Places, and Other Things model which can be expressed SIOC if we veer
away from some of its "Web Content" orientation perceptions.

As per usual, this is simply a perspective. My instincts are always
oriented towards making everything co-exist unobtrusively :-) This is
why excites me about RDF :-)

Uldis/John: Please comment here as this is an opportune moment bearing
in mind the activities going on in the SIOC realm.

--

Regards,

President & CEO