Re: collateral material

Hi Ivan,
> some quick comments
>
> - (with all my respect to Kjetil!:-) I would put more emphasis on the
> use cases and cases studies rather than the community projects. These
> types of brochures are more appealing to business people than techies
> and, for those, the use cases are more important (I believe)

It is not that the use cases and case study are not interesting pieces
of information for business people or even researchers and developers,
but I don't think they are really suitable for such a flyer. First of
all, the list of use cases and case studies is quite long. If we need to
choose, how should we do that? I mean, if we choose the use case
provided by company A and not the one provided by company B, we might
give a wrong (implicit) message. On the other hand, the 4 community
projects found (a kind of) consensus in the SWEO IG, since the whole
group voted for choosing them. Apart from this, the community projects
show a couple of concrete usages of SW technologies and the business
people need just to recognize the possible impact of SW technologies on
the actual or future developments within their companies. IMHO, this
flyer should have the message: SW is not complicated, it is useful, it
is part of the future of Web's development, and should give some hints
to SW technologies. The idea is to make (business) people curious and
determine them to want to know more about SW technologies.

However, I don't want to say that my viewpoints on this issue are the
'right ones' ... We, the authors of the first version of the flyer
(Norbert Eisinger, Dunja, and myself) are open to suggestions for
improving it.

> - I am not sure which layer cake you used with your explanation; I would
> use http://www.w3.org/2007/03/layerCake.png (ie, no separate XML and XML
> schema thing, for example)

We will change the layer cake and the corresponding short explanation of
the involved layers, thank you for pointing us to this version!

> I presume you will be able to dial in on Monday. It would be good...

We will try to be on the call on Monday.

Best regards,
Paula