Re: [InfoGathering] REASE repository of learning units

Hi SWEO-ers,

as I mentioned at the last telecon, I am a part of "REASE team" and also
work in the KnowledgeWeb project. Without going too much in depth, REASE is
a repository of diverse educational materials targetting both academic and
industrial audiences. Materials are about a range of topics related to the
Semantic Web; most of them originating from various tutorials or seminars.
Generally speaking, it's a good resource if the aim is to educate, teach or
train... Apologies, I couldn't participate today to give this introduction
verbally, but feel free to visit REASE and see how could the content be
used.

While REASE is a portal, its purpose is to store materials, manage their
bookings, etc. In other words, the content can be used by a skilled
professional tutor or trainer to deliver a course or a session on a given
topic, but the material is usually not ideal for "self study"... For your
information, we have currently around 140 materials for academic audience
and around 50 suitable also for the industrial audience; mostly in English,
but we have a few French, German and possibly Spanish texts.

In addition to the materials in REASE, another aspect that might be relevant
to the InfoGathering group is the topic taxonomy that kind of co-evolved as
the materials were uploaded by the authors, and we contributed to it from
KWeb... That taxonomy is available and might be used e.g. to organize
various other materials, information, etc. for SWEO InfoGathering portal...
see e.g. [3]

[3] ... http://wiki.ontoworld.org/index.php/Semantic_Web_Topic_Hierarchy

Kind regards,
M.