Re: Classifying Resources

On 06/12/06, Orri Erling <erling@xs4all.nl> wrote:

[snip]

Good list - can it go on the (either) Wiki somewhere?

> Like this, queries like "sweo beginner presentation" give meaningful results
> on del.icio.us.
>

> Of course, all this classification could be represented as a SKOS ontology.

Volunteering..? ;-)

I think it could also be useful to record the date/time and person
doing the tagging - such terms from the Tag Ontology [1] should work
ok with SKOS.

> When stored as for example a SIOC graph where topics correspond to tags  and
> bookmarks to posts, any SPARQL compatible  faceted browser or such provides
> a ready-to-go user interface for discovery.  We'll show this along the way.
> The  del.icio.us database with systematic tagging will be fine for input.

So how do you get from del.icio.us to graph? The RSS 1.0 feed seems
the obvious candidate, although if I remember correctly it's pre-2004
RDF. Might (perversly) be easiest to eat it through XSLT, change it to
using SKOS/Tag Ontology/SIOC or whatever.

> There should be no privacy concerns since this is all simply about
> expressing opinions on publicly available material.

Right.

Cheers,
Danny.

[1] http://www.holygoat.co.uk/projects/tags/