Re: [InfoGathering] Can DOAP cover?

Hi all,

On 12/6/06, Uldis Bojars <uldis.bojars@deri.org> wrote:

> One way to do that would be to categorise or assign topics to projects and
> to select only those from the "Semantic Web" category. You can also find
> some Semantic Web projects on doapstore.org by looking for projects that use
> RDF [1]or OWL. While strictly speaking RDF is not a programming language
> some projects do use it in their DOAP descriptions.

I think another way to find and restrict the tool (and more generally
DOAP descriptions) to SW projects (and to any kind of project
actually) is to use the doap:category property for each projects, as
some people do with their foaf profiles using foaf:interest, that can
then conduct to find people with similar interests (as I've done in
foafmap [1], eg [2]).
Then, you would be able to browse only SW-project.

I already saw some projects using this [4], yet I can't see if
doap:category range is designed to be a literal or a URI/Resource,
which would be better I think (even if we must agree on some URL for
topics, a problem that already exists in foaf, see [2] vs [3])

Best,

Alex.

[1] http:/foafmap.net
[2] http://foafmap.net/tag/52