Re: [SKOS] Use of "latest version" on redirection pages

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 11:06:39 -0400
To: Thomas Baker <tbaker@tbaker.de>
Cc: SWD Working Group <public-swd-wg@w3.org>
At 02:10 PM 5/5/2009 +0200, Thomas Baker wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>> -- From SKOS Core Guide (2005) to "SKOS Primer (2008)"
>>    http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-guide/
>
>This page points to two documents:
>
>-- SKOS Primer ("Latest version: http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-primer")
>-- SKOS Core Guide ("Latest version: http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-swbp-skos-core-guide-20051102")

>We cannot alter the header line of the "latest version" URI an
>already published document,

correct.  That is why we replaced the content at [2,3] with an
intermediate page that cites the new document (as well as
the old, for historical purposes).

> so maybe the URI of the version last
>published [1] should be called something different, such as
>"version last published".  Suggestions for a better label
>welcome...

You're referring to the way the citation is labelled on the
intermediate page, correct?   I believe we can refer to that
URI any way we wish, whereas the title page of the
specification itself must use the term "Latest version".

I'd be OK with "Last version".  I'll ask our Head of Communications
for precedents and/or preference.