Re: [SKOS] SKOS ontology sanity-check? An attempt at creating OWL2 axioms for SKOS

Antoine,

a heroic effort with a moving target:-)

Just a few pointers that may help:

- the editor's draft of the Syntax document for OWL 2[1] includes all
the examples in RDF, too. There is a set of buttons at the beginning of
the document where you can select which syntax you want to see for the
examples. Maybe that helps...

- it is indeed true that the core functional syntax for OWL 2 does not
define the usage of property disjointness for annotation properties.
However, in the RDF compatible semantics of OWL 2 (essentially, OWL 2
Full), propertyDisjointWith is defined on _any_ property, ie, it
provides the necessary semantics for disjoint annotation properties, too.

Disjointness of annotation properties as a requirement never came to the
OWL 2 group, to be honest...

- as an answer to one of the LC comments, the RDF encoding of property
chains have changed. In the final version of OWL 2 the encoding of your
axiom should be (in turtle):

skos:prefLabel
   owl:propertyChainAxiom (skos:prefLabel skos:literalForm).

Cheers

Ivan

[1] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/Syntax
[2] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/wiki/RDF-Based_Semantics