Re: Proposed PR Document set

On 18/6/09 14:33, Thomas Baker wrote:
> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 07:46:36PM +0200, Thomas Baker wrote:
>> So that we do not lose track of them, the following variants will be
>> supported for the convenience of developers:
>>
>>      http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core           for http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#
>>      http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core.rdf       for http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/skos.rdf
>>      http://www.w3.org/2008/05/skos-xl             for http://www.w3.org/2008/05/skos-xl#
>>      http://www.w3.org/2008/05/skos-xl.rdf         for http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/skos-xl.rdf
>>      http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/owl1-dl.rdf    for http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/skos-owl1-dl.rdf
>
> Ralph,
>
> I note that the last link (owl1-dl.rdf) does not yet resolve.

Looking at this RDF, I'm confused re use of dct:creator

In http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/skos-xl.rdf  I see

   xmlns:dct="http://purl.org/dc/terms/"

   <owl:Ontology rdf:about="http://www.w3.org/2008/05/skos-xl">
     <dct:creator>Alistair Miles</dct:creator>
     <dct:creator>Sean Bechhofer</dct:creator>

Whereas in http://dublincore.org/documents/dcmi-terms/#terms-creator I
read "An entity primarily responsible for making the resource.",
"Examples of a Creator include a person, an organization, or a service.
Typically, the name of a Creator should be used to indicate the entity."
  and critically,
"Has Range: 	http://purl.org/dc/terms/Agent"

If I look at http://purl.org/dc/terms/creator I see RDF/XML confirming this,

<rdf:Description
rdf:about="http://purl.org/dc/terms/creator">...<rdfs:range
rdf:resource="http://purl.org/dc/terms/Agent"/>etc.

How do we properly express that "Alistair Miles" is a name of a creator
of the ontology? If I understand current best practice, dct:creator
points to an Agent. What's Dublin Core's preferred property for the name?

cheers,

Dan