Re: [All] Agenda - 2009-07-07 SWD telecon

On 7 Jul 2009, at 14:15, Antoine Isaac wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Regrets from me for today's telecon.
> Input on some agenda points follows.

>> 2. SKOS
>> -- Comments
>>   2009-07-06. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jul/0001.html
>>   2009-06-29. Addison Phillips on I18N issue
>>   -- http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2009Jun/0040.html
>

> Re. this issue, I can live with the option where we would recommend
> to use pref and altLabels with literals that have no language tag.
> Even though this is clearly less flexible (e.g. not being compatible
> with the country code example).

As I understand the comment, the problem is specifically with example
22 rather than the use of language tags with pref and altLabel, so I'm
not quite sure I understand this, Antoine. Do you mean recommend for
*this particular situation*, or in general?

> I also volunteer to start a discussion with the i18n people on
> whether the use of private use tags is merely frowned upon, or if
> they would still formally object if our examples were just made
> compatible with the syntax for private use tags.

That would be great -- thanks Antoine.

> I indeed understand that syntactially wrong tags are to be avoided
> in the rec. But if we make explicit that we're really not expecting
> the use of private tags to be common, then maybe the i18n would be
> happier on this specific point (which is different from the
> syntactic validity, again).

	Sean

--
Sean Bechhofer