Re: a summary of skos changes

Thanks for the detailed read Antoine.

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 9:44 AM, Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl> wrote:
>> The skos:note, skos:changeNote, skos:definition, skos:example,
>> skos:historyNote, skos:scopeNote, skos:editorialNote were changed from being
>> of type rdfs:Property to owl:ObjectProperty.
>
> That should not be true, as they can have any kind of object, including
> datatyped literals...

Am I reading the definition the note properties wrong in the RDF for
SKOS2008 [1]. Also the Reference has this chunk of text [2]. So it
seems to be intentional, and not an oversight.

"""
Note that the basis for the SKOS data model is the RDF-compatible
model-theoretic semantics for OWL Full [OWL-SEMANTICS]. Under the OWL
Full semantics, the class of OWL datatype properties is a sub-class of
the class of OWL object properties [OWL-REFERENCE]. Therefore, stating
that the SKOS documentation properties are all instances of
owl:ObjectProperty is the most general statement that can be made, and
is consistent with all three usage patterns described in the SKOS
Primer.
"""

>> SKOS2008 includes some new vocabulary elements for mapping concepts from
>> one
>> concept scheme to another: skos:exactMatch, skos:broadMatch,
>> skos:narrowMatch, skos:relatedMatch.
>
> There is also skos:closeMatch

While I see the definition for skos:closeMatch in the Reference [3] I
don't actually see that in the RDF for SKOS2008 [1]--which is why my
vdiff utility didn't pick it up I guess :-) Perhaps the HTML and the
RDF are out of sync? Thanks for catching it!

//Ed

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos-reference-20080609/skos.rdf
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/#L1917
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/skos-reference/#L4186