W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > November 2008

Re: RDFa in SKOS Reference

From: Sean Bechhofer <sean.bechhofer@manchester.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2008 13:54:07 +0000
Message-Id: <7D5369E1-6CEF-4806-9533-D0017C0E76A2@manchester.ac.uk>
Cc: "SWD Working SWD" <public-swd-wg@w3.org>, RDFa <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>
To: "Ed Summers" <ehs@pobox.com>

On 20 Nov 2008, at 13:38, Ed Summers wrote:

> (cross-posting to public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf)
> Hi Sean:
> I ran your RDFa-ized version of the SKOS Reference through the RDFa
> validator and it seemed to cough on the use of the 'name' attribute on
> one of the <a> elements [1].
> Validating with xmllint produces a whole slew of these 'name'
> attribute errors. But interestingly it is silent about the use of the
> 'name' attribute in anchor tags in the previous XHTML version.
> If you happen to have xmllint installed you can see this by comparing
> the output of validating the XHTML version:
>   xmllint --noout --valid http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-skos- 
> reference-20080829/
> with the RDFa version:
>   xmllint --noout --valid http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/ 
> reference/20081001/
> I started to wonder if the referenced RDFa DTD [3] is missing a
> definition for the 'name' attribute on the <a> element...but my DTD
> skills are at an all time low. Perhaps I'm doing something wrong
> here...or xmlint isn't all that it's cracked up to be. But xmllint and
> the w3c validator seem to basically be in agreement.
> //Ed

Hmmm. No idea I'm afraid! I just took the existing doc, changed the  
DTD and added some markup. The name attributes were there in the  
original and didn't seem to cause problems, so I suspect this may be  
something up with the DTD. And my DTD skillz are pretty minimal too....


Sean Bechhofer
School of Computer Science
University of Manchester
Received on Thursday, 20 November 2008 13:54:55 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 17:31:54 UTC