Re: [SKOS] Re: Review of the SKOS Primer

Dear Quentin,
> Dear Antoine,
>
> I can find below my answer to most of your comments that I needed to
> reply to. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Please find below some changes that will occur in the next version. I
don't have any more questions!

> Cheers,
>
> Quentin
>
> - Although it is mentioned in the Primer [1] is that it a companion to
> the SKOS Reference [2], I sometimes had to go through the whole document
> to find a link to the reference. Would it not be possible to make the
> title of the section as a direct link to the appropriate section in the
> Reference? Obviously, the link doesn't need to be explicitly stated
> throughout the document. You could revise the introduction to make it
> clear:
> [[
> This document is a companion to the SKOS Reference, which gives the
> normative reference on SKOS. The reader is able to consult the SKOS
> Reference [SKOS-REFERENCE] by clicking on the property (e.g.
> skos:Concept).
> ]]

The intro will include:
[[
For an in-depth account on all SKOS vocabulary elements, including their
reference formal semantics, the reader should consult the normative SKOS
Reference [SKOS-REFERENCE]. This can be done, at the level of classes
and properties, by clicking on their occurrences in the text (e.g.
skos:Concept). For an overview of the use cases for SKOS and the
elicited requirements that guided its design, the reader should consult
[SKOS-UCR].
]]
And I'll put some hyperlinks from entities to the Reference, e.g.
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/SKOS/reference#Concept
But not for all their occurrences, as it would make the text really
horrible. Only the first occurrence, as a rule of thumb, was hyperlinked.

> - The examples in the Primer [1] are similar to the example found in the
> original SKOS Core document [3]. Would it not be possible to re-use
> those examples to save you the time to have to create them?

That was planned, but because of ISSUE-41
(http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/41) they have to be re-drawn
anyway
> - I just thought that a single example would have tied up the different
> construct better as we could have added a link to the generated SKOS
> file for the user to have a look @ it, but I totally understand your
> point.

Let's raise this issue during one of the telecons...

> - Sorry about the grammar/vocabulary documents, my supervisor tends to
> argue a lot about these things. The only I feel strongly about is to use
> "machine-readable" instead of "machine-processable", as the former is
> commonly used in the field.

I will change this one (And in doubt, you're still right to raise the
issue I think :-)

For the other changes I've made. Glad to hear that you're happy with them!

Cheers,

Antoine