Re: [SKOS] The return of ISSUE-44 (was Re: TR : SKOS Reference Editor's Draft 23 December 2007)

On Jan 10, 2008, at 9:46 AM, Antoine Isaac wrote:
> I'm sorry but I don't have it...
> I don't have ISO available right now, but I will check it.
> As far as Z39.19 is concerned I cannot see a reference to something
> like transitivity (but I might have overlooked, I just read quickly
> the section on se;antic relations)
> How about the following example:
> mountains regions BTI Himalaya
> Himalaya BTP Everest
>
> Can we naturaly have Everest as a narrower term of montains regions?
> Does Z39.19 explicitly forbid that?

I can't remember if Z39.19 explicitly prohibits this, but my personal
belief is that it BTI and BTP are distinct relationships.

The logical test for   BT = BTG + BTP could be described as "is or is
part of a ";  Everest "is or is part of a " Mountain regions"
undoubtedly holds

Simon