ISSUE-85: Self-describing Web - media type

From: SWD Issue Tracker <dean+cgi@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 14:30:15 +0000 (GMT)
To: public-swd-wg@w3.org

ISSUE-85: Self-describing Web - media type

http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/track/issues/85

Raised by: Michael Hausenblas
On product: RDFa

In http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/doc/selfDescribingDocuments#UsingRDFa the
following is stated:

Note: at this time, drafts of the [RDFa] specification are available, but the
media-type registration for HTML itself has not been updated to reflect RDFa.
As described in TAG Finding [AuthoritativeMetadata], conventions like RDFa are
normative only if provided for in the applicable specification for the media-
type in which they are used. Thus, for RDFa to be fully integrated with 2 The
Web's Standard Retrieval Algorithm, the HTML and/or XHTML media-type
registrations must be be updated. Use of RDFa is in any case encouraged in the
interim until that happens.

We need to state our position regarding this (feedback to TAG, explicitely
invite to last call comments, etc.)