[mhlava@accessinn.com: Re: ISSUE-146: Last Call Comment: broadMatch and skos:narrowMatch ?should be used only when there are no exact or close matches for ?the term elsewhere?]

I Have this response from Margie Hlava on ISSUE-146 but don't see her
email in the public-swd-wg@w3.org archives, so am forwarding it there:

----- Forwarded message from Margie Hlava <mhlava@accessinn.com> -----

Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 09:28:23 -0700
To: Alistair Miles <alistair.miles@zoo.ox.ac.uk>,
	Margie Hlava <mhlava@accessinn.com>
From: Margie Hlava <mhlava@accessinn.com>
Subject: Re: ISSUE-146: Last Call Comment: broadMatch and
	skos:narrowMatch ?should be used only when there are no exact or close
	matches for ?the term elsewhere?
Cc: public-swd-wg@w3.org

Dear Alistair,

This is probably and appropriately a matter of semantics ;-) and emphasis

Both of these comments reflect the same concern.  In the thesaurus /
taxonomy world the broader term narrower term relationship is key to
creating a browse able classification, categorization or taxonomy.  It
seems like to say - "elsewhere" was not a serious bow to this feature and
perhaps lead to other standards development to truly accommodate this need.
I can certainly live with it.  The question is should we and thereby
encourage other groups to take the lead on this area?

Margie Hlava

----- End forwarded message -----