Re: SKOS hierarchy

Hi Quentin,

Yes you can calculate this with the OWL API (I presume you mean the
OWL 2 API [1] btw?). I have started writing an API for SKOS that is
implemented using the OWL API, it will hopefully make using the OWL
API alongside SKOS a lot simpler.  It's not yet ready for public
consumption but send me an e-mail off list and I will see if it can
help you.

Cheers,
Simon

[1] - http://owlapi.sourceforge.net/

On 6 Aug 2008, at 17:42, Reul, Q. H. wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I was wondering if anyone knew how to extract the hierarchy of a
> SKOS vocabulary with OWL API.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Quentin

> * Quentin H. Reul                        *
> * PhD Research Student                   *
> * Department of Computing Science        *
> * University of Aberdeen, King's College *
> * Room 238 in the Meston Building        *
> * ABERDEEN AB24 3UE                      *
> * Phone: +44 (0)1224 27 4485             *
> * http://www.csd.abdn.ac.uk/~qreul       *
>

> The University of Aberdeen is a charity registered in Scotland, No
> SC013683.

Simon Jupp
simon.jupp@manchester.ac.uk
http://www.cs.man.ac.uk/~sjupp/