W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-swd-wg@w3.org > April 2008

meeting record: 2008-04-15 SWD telecon

From: Vit Novacek <vit.novacek@deri.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2008 19:06:44 +0100
Message-ID: <4804EEB4.4000305@deri.org>
To: SWD Working Group <public-swd-wg@w3.org>

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Hi,

the record of today's SWD WG telco [1] is now available... Plain text version
given below [2]. Let me (and/or Ralph) know if there is any mess, incompletion
or misinterpretation you'd like to change.

Cheers,
Vit

[1] http://www.w3.org/2008/04/15-swd-minutes.html
[2]
"""

W3C <http://www.w3.org/>


  SWD WG


    15 Apr 2008

Agenda <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Apr/0055.html>

See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2008/04/15-swd-irc>


    Attendees

Present
    Tom Baker, Quentin Reul, Clay Redding, Ralph Swick, Vit Novacek,
    Daniel Rubin, Ed Summers, Diego Berrueta, Guus Schreiber, Jon
    Phipps, Margherita Sini, Antoine Isaac, Ben Adida
Regrets
    Sean Bechhofer, Alistair Miles, Michael Hausenblas, Simone Onofri
Chair
    Tom
Scribe
    Vit


    Contents

    * Topics <#agenda>
         1. Admin <#item01>
         2. SKOS <#item02>
         3. RDFa <#item03>
         4. recipes <#item04>
         5. Vocab Management <#item05>
    * Summary of Action Items <#ActionSummary>

- ------------------------------------------------------------------------





<TomB> Previous: http://www.w3.org/2008/04/08-swd-minutes.html


      Admin

<scribe> *ACTION:* Chairs to draft charter extension proposal for SKOS
until July 1st [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/02/26-swd-minutes.html#action01] *[CONTINUES]*

tomb: ed & clay go on and add instructions related to f2f

<Ralph> Washington F2F agenda
<http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/WashingtonAgenda>

clay: writing up a page about logistics

ready by tomorrow

add it to wiki and post to list

wifi should be working

tomb: update list of F2F participants if needed
... edit wiki or drop a line

<scribe> *ACTION:* Guus and Tom draft an agenda for the May f2f
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/08-swd-minutes.html#action02]
*[DONE]*


      SKOS

<Ralph> SKOS Reference editors' update
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Apr/0062.html>
[Alistair 2008-04-14]

antoine: concerns related to semantics of OWL imports

<Ralph> SKOS-XL & label relations
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Apr/0063.html>
[Alistair 2008-04-14]

antoine: implementation of imports may vary in OWL
... OWL spec is not clear in this respect
... we can say that we recommend OWL imports

<Ralph> primer on relationship between Concept Schemes and OWL
Ontologies
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2008Apr/0056.html>
[Alistair 2008-04-14]

<scribe> *ACTION:* Alistair and Guus to check the text in the primer on
relationship between Concept Schemes and OWL Ontologies. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action13] *[DONE]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Guus to write primer text re: broaderGeneric and
equivalence w/r/t subclass [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action08] *[CONTINUES]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Ralph to check whether the common interpretation of
rdfs isDefinedBy fits the reasoning that was made in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html>
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action10]
*[CONTINUES]*

- -> http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action06

antoine: relations between label objects unclear... alistair proposed
reification n-ary relation
... solution: get all the possible patterns for this into the document
... don't make a preferred choice

<scribe> *ACTION:* Antoine will review Alistair's proposals w/r/t the
relationship between the existing solution and the extension [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action06] *[CONTINUES]*

open skos issues

<scribe> *ACTION:* Alistair to make a proposal for Issue 40 (Concept
Coordination) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action09] *[CONTINUES]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Alistair to review Antoine and Guus' emails to move
ISSUE-71 and -74 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action09] *[CONTINUES]*

tomb: agenda for the f2f - document editors should propose a way how to
make use of the f2f time
... look at the wiki and possibly change the agenda/topics


      RDFa

<scribe> *ACTION:* Ben to prepare draft implementation report for RDFa
(with assistance from Michael) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14] *[CONTINUES]*

ben: small changes, but new editor's draft still needed
... mark working on that

feedback would be welcome after the implementation and draft will be ready

ben: get a draft out before the next meeting
... depends on the TF approving this
... primer draft looking pretty good, positive comments received
... this week incorporating small changes to the syntax
... primer draft by the next week

guus: w.r.t. charter extension proposal - what should we plan?

ben: let's be pesimistic
... would go to CR in june

guus: depends on the implementation report

ben: no need to be pesimistic about that

<TomB> CR is just for implementation - for demonstrating that your spec
can be implemented by two independent developers

guus: the main conversation happens when you go from last call to CR

<TomB> Guus: in OWL, from Last Call to CR - consider issues raised

guus: in case of objections, can be a difficult discussion

ben: once the editor's draft is ready, we'll re-notify the previously
contacted places
... in pesimistic case CR end of june
... period can be short
... the implementations are already there

guus: so that will be in the charter extension proposal then


      recipes

<scribe> *ACTION:* Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default
behavior" [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14] *[CONTINUES]*

<scribe> *ACTION:* Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of
Recipes implementations] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20] *[CONTINUES]*


      Vocab Management

Guus: we have 4 reviews
... all 4 agree it's worthwhile to publish. Editor's should respond to
comments and indicate changes to the document
... if changes are major, may be a good idea to discuss with reviewers first

Vit: one of the major points raised in the reviews concerns the Research
Topics section
... I proposed options to Elisa; we could either remove it or shorten it
to two or three sentences
... cite some references in case readers are interested
... Tom seems to prefer to drop it
... Ralph thought it interesting to keep
... shortening may be the right compromise

Ralph: I'd be happy with shortening the Research Topics section to a
couple of sentences

Tom: one point I raised was a connection between this document and our
discussion on the policies regarding the SKOS vocabulary
... issues with changes to the namespace and deprecated terms
... if we're going to discuss this in Washington then whatever consensus
we reach in Washington should be recorded in this VM notes

ralph: pretty much the same point as tom

Ralph: I absolutely agree that this VM Note is the place to document our
design rationale for the SKOS namespace changes
... will Vit and Elisa do that?

Vit: I agree it should go in this document

guus: suggestion for agenda next week
... distribute the preparation tasks for various SKOS issues for the f2f
... ask all the issue owners

tomb: just walk through the issues and make sure they'll be covered

guus: all the issues should have the proposal ready in two weeks from now
... 29 april would be ok

tomb: next week we'll walk through all the issues

guus: distribute all the related material on time

tomb: every open issues?

guus: at least top ten...

guus: let's make an action for that for the next week

tomb: meeting adjourned


    Summary of Action Items

*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Alistair to make a proposal for Issue 40 (Concept
Coordination) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action09]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Alistair to review Antoine and Guus' emails to
move ISSUE-71 and -74 [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action09]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Antoine will review Alistair's proposals w/r/t the
relationship between the existing solution and the extension [recorded
in http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action06]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Ben to prepare draft implementation report for
RDFa (with assistance from Michael) [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Chairs to draft charter extension proposal for
SKOS until July 1st [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/02/26-swd-minutes.html#action01]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Guus to write primer text re: broaderGeneric and
equivalence w/r/t subclass [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/03/18-swd-minutes.html#action08]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Ralph propose resolution to ISSUE-16 "Default
behavior" [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2007/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action14]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Ralph to check whether the common interpretation
of rdfs isDefinedBy fits the reasoning that was made in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html
<http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/2007Oct/0141.html>
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/12/18-swd-minutes.html#action10]
*[PENDING]* *ACTION:* Ralph/Diego to work on Wordnet implementation [of
Recipes implementations] [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/22-swd-minutes.html#action20]

*[DONE]* *ACTION:* Alistair and Guus to check the text in the primer on
relationship between Concept Schemes and OWL Ontologies. [recorded in
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/29-swd-minutes.html#action13]
*[DONE]* *ACTION:* Guus and Tom draft an agenda for the May f2f
[recorded in http://www.w3.org/2008/04/08-swd-minutes.html#action02]

[End of minutes]
- ------------------------------------------------------------------------
Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl
<http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/%7Echeckout%7E/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm>
version 1.133 (CVS log <http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/>)
$Date: 2008/04/15 17:45:28 $

"""

- --
Vit Novacek

SmILE group
Digital Enterprise Research Institute (DERI)
National University of Ireland, Galway
Lower Dangan
Galway, Ireland
Tel: +353 91 495738
Fax: +353 91 495541
Web: http://www.deri.ie/about/team/member/vit_novacek/

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.6 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Mozilla - http://enigmail.mozdev.org

iD8DBQFIBO6zc7uyClWR0g8RAr4KAJ9ypr6d7MSlrymH+rCRQUdpfI43egCcCw9t
hnd+IXneHIwGvF2fV+hNIKI=
=rdAu
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Received on Tuesday, 15 April 2008 18:07:29 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:07:53 UTC