Re: [ALL] agenda 26June telecon -1500 UTC

On 25 Jun 2007, at 12:07, Guus Schreiber wrote:

> Agenda - June 26 2007 SWD telecon - 1500 UTC
> W3C Semantic Web Deployment Working Group - http://www.w3.org/
> 2006/07/SWD/
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swd-wg/
> Tuesday, 1500 UTC
>         0800 Seattle
>         1100 Boston
>         1600 London
>         1700 Amsterdam
>
> Phone    Boston:  +1-617-761-6200            Nice:    +33-4-8906-3499
>         Bristol: +44-117-370-6152
>         Conference code 79394# ('SWDWG')
> IRC      irc://irc.w3.org:6665/swd Web-based IRC (member-only)
>
> Chair: Guus Schreiber
> Scribe: Michael Regrets:
> Attendance of SWD WG telecons is restricted to registered WG
> participants and persons invited by the chairs.

> 1. ADMIN (10 min)
>
> - minutes
>
>   PROPOSED to accept minutes of 19 June telecon:   http://
> www.w3.org/2007/06/19-swd-minutes.html
>
> - upcoming telecons:
>     July 3
>
> - face-to-face meeting
>
> Poll about venue/subjects:
> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/39408/f2f3poll1/?

> 2. SKOS - see http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/Deliverables#SKOS
>
> ACTION: aliman to provide examples of cases where presentational
> information is required [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/19-
> swd-minutes.html#action10]
>
> ACTION: seanb to create the template for test cases in the wiki
> [recorded in http://www.w3.org/2007/06/19-swd-minutes.html#action04]

[I sent this to Diego on Friday and failed to cc the list :-(]

I've started a wiki draft document:

http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SKOS/TestCases

Without a clear idea of what a test case is, and what we need to be
testing, it's difficult to define a template! However, it will be
useful to at least begin to gather information about the kinds of
test cases that we need and particular ideas relating to test cases
for issues, so a rather sparse initial attempt is here:

http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/wiki/SkosTestTemplate

Two questions that I think we need to consider w.r.t testing are:

o What /is/ a SKOS implementation?
o What kinds of things are considered "in scope" for tests. e.g. is
hierarchical display something that we can provide tests for?

	Sean

--
Sean Bechhofer
School of Computer Science