Re: [RDFa] ISSUE-42: the @src attribute

Mark,

I think I like what you're saying... I'm still processing it.

The one thing I disagree with is what happens with the following markup:

I think it *should* result in

<#foo> rdf:type foo:bar .

I don't think that much change is needed from what you're suggesting,
though. I've just implemented the following rules in my RDFa JavaScript
parser, and it looks like it works relatively well:

- Consider the concept of an HTML element's "corresponding RDF identity".

- the "corresponding RDF identity" is determined as follows:
  - @resource takes precedence
  - if no @resource, @href is next
  - if no @href, then @id.
  - if no @id, then @about.
  - if all else fails, a bnode.

- the element's corresponding RDF identity is the subject of an rdf:type
triple when instanceof appears.

- the element's corresponding RDF identity is also the object of any
@rel, or the subject of any @rev.

- the subject of a @rel, or the object of a @rev, is determined using
the normal @about rules.

- the subject of an element's *content* is the element's corresponding
RDF identity when @rel, @rev, @href, @resource, or @instanceof appears.
Otherwise, it's @about resolution.

We will clearly discuss this tomorrow, but I wanted to lay this out
because I think this works, and with all existing markup still
consistent. It also seems to make sense when I look at the markup,
though I know that carries little weight :)

-Ben