RE: [Fwd: migrating our wiki platform to mediawiki]

thanks for your feedback, Michael.

At 01:32 PM 7/11/2007 +0200, Hausenblas, Michael wrote:

>1. ... I'd like to know if the MediaWiki engine allows
>for the same granularity w.r.t. ACL as MoinMoin does.

I expect this will be fully considered by the systems team.
Note that some of the access control on the current W3C
wikis is done in conjunction with the overall W3C site ACL system.

>2. Regarding RDF-in-HTML: I'd like to be able to use my RDFa
> - e.g. with a macro ala SafeHTML() - directly ... any hints?

Can you demonstrate examples of this working already in
other MediaWiki instances?  If MediaWiki supports this more
easily than moinmoin then that's a strong argument (for us)
in favor of the migration.

>3. How about single sign-on? For example in case I participate
>in several, say, WGs, IGs, and XGs ... do I need to again create
>accounts for each group (as in the current MoinMoin setup)?

I don't think we know yet in the specific case but there's clear
interest in -- and time allocated to -- simplifying this in the future.