Re: SKOS-XL (was RE: SKOS/ synonym provenance (ISSUE-27 AnnotationOnLabel))

From: Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 23:38:54 +0100
To: "Miles, AJ \(Alistair\)" <A.J.Miles@rl.ac.uk>
CC: public-swd-wg@w3.org

Hi Alistair,
>> Unfortunately I've got no strong opinion on this.
>> Perhaps you could try and adapt the vocabulary for the
>> "simple extension" proposal for ISSUE-26 [1]. that is, adding
>> "Resource"
>> whenever a property indeed targets resourcers instead of literals...
>>

> I could live with that. Although, technically speaking, literals are resources too. In the RDF semantics, everything is a resource. This might seem like a technical point, but I do like to stick as strictly as possible to the terminology used in the RDF semantics.

You're right. The problem is that we've used 'resource' all the way long
when discussing these issues, and no one has really objected to this,
even if the SWD crowd might have a significant proportion of people who
had at least a look at the RDF semantics.
What's the proper name by the way? "Reference"?