Issues list [was: Re: SKOS and Rules]

All,

It seems to be time to start an Issues List.  This rule issue should become part of it. I see various solutions, but it's not yet clear to which one we should prefer. An issues list helps the tracking process and also records the rationale  for the decision taken to resolve the issue.

As an example of an Issues List see the OWL Issues List [1]. Appendix 7 of  this document describes the issue process:

[[
Issues have the following life cycle:
  - Issues are submitted by members of the working group.  Such issues are marked *raised*. The process for submission is described in Appendix 6 above
  - The chair may *open* an issue, normally assigning an owner.
  - The issue list is reviewed periodically.  Normally, discussion is only in order for open issues.  At times the chair may deem that a review is in order to attempt to resolve, merge, close, postpone and otherwise clean up the list.
  - Issues are *closed* by decision of the WG. The chair determines when the WG is ready to decide, usually in response to a proposal from the issue owner.  The resolution is recorded in the issues list.
]]

I suggest we adopt the same issue process. We can maintain the Issues List in the wiki.

Guus

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html

--
Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Computer Science
T: +31 20 598 7739/7718; F: +31 84 712 1446