Re: [PORT,VM] UDEF

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 10:58:00AM -0700, Uschold, Michael F wrote:
> Does anyone know how UDEF relates to the work of the PORT and/or VM
> working groups?
> There seems to be some overelap in goals.
>
> http://www.opengroup.org/udef/

Mike,

>From http://www.opengroup.org/udefinfo/AboutTheUDEF.pdf
it looks like UDEF wants to create a centralized, global
registry of data element semantics.  I see no mention of URIs
or notion of publishing a vocabulary independently of the
central registry application.

If their plan were to include such an aspect, then yes,
it would be relevant to VM; otherwise, I'm not sure I see
an overlap.

Tom

--
Dr. Thomas Baker                      baker@sub.uni-goettingen.de
SUB - Goettingen State                            +49-551-39-3883