Re: An ontology of resources and realization [was: RE: on documents and terms [was: RE: [WNET] new proposal WN URIs and related issues]]

On Tue, 2006-05-02 at 17:36 +0200, Aldo Gangemi wrote:
> Hi Pat, David, Dan,
>
> I've processed this thread only yesterday, and I find it very
> entertaining, we're talking of substantial stuff here ...
>
> In my opinion, the discussion would be easier if we could negotiate
> our meaning by using ontologies, which are not only an infrastructure
> for the Semantic Web :)

Yes, that's what I tried to do in
 http://www.w3.org/2006/04/irw65/urisym

> The key notions here are:
>
> - resource
> - information resource
> - represents
> - abstraction
>
> As far as I understand, the point by David and Frank (and TAG) is
> that "information resources" are not data,

Really? What has the TAG written that suggests that?

>  while "representations"
> are. Information resources are some kind of things that are
> "represented" by a representation, which is called to be an
> "abstraction".

[... more that I hope to respond to eventually ...]

D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E