RE: [VM] Telecon on Tuesday, 27 September

Hi Tom, all,

Ahead of telecon today, here's a short note re intentions for SKOS Core URI dereferencing.

Currently SKOS Core does the following...

All property & class URIs follow the pattern:

http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core#localName

A GET against the URI http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core returns a message with 'Content-type: application/rdf+xml' (irrespective of what content type(s) the client asked for) and response code 200.

To bring into line with FOAF & DCMI, I would like to propose a change to this dereferencing policy.  I propose the following:

1. A GET against http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core with 'Accept: application/rdf+xml' redirects (via response code 303) to the latest snapshot of the SKOS Core RDF description (currently http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core/history/2005-03-31).

(This ensures that provenance of RDF statements about SKOS Core classes & props is always a historical (date-stamped) snapshot, allowing run-time distinction between 'versions'.)

2. A GET against http://www.w3.org/2004/02/skos/core with an accept field that is not 'application/rdf+xml' redirects (via response code 303) to the latest version of the SKOS Core Vocabulary Specification (http://www.w3.org/TR/swbp-skos-core-spec/)

(This ensures that a click on the URI of a SKOS Core prop or class in a browser will take you to the right bit of the spec.)

How's that look?

Cheers,

Al.