Re: [MM] Multimedia ontologies

From: Aldo Gangemi <aldo.gangemi@istc.cnr.it>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 19:54:04 +0200
To: Jacco van Ossenbruggen <Jacco.van.Ossenbruggen@cwi.nl>, Vassilis Tzouvaras <tzouvaras@image.ntua.gr>
Cc: "'Giorgos Stamou'" <gstam@softlab.ntua.gr>, "'Jeff Pan'" <Jeff.Pan@manchester.ac.uk>, jane@dstc.edu.au, jsmith@us.ibm.com, Raphael.Troncy@cwi.nl, public-swbp-wg@w3.org
Another reference:

an attempt to formalize multimedia objects within a container that is
tradeable over the SW is being done within the Metokis project
http://metokis.salzburgresearch.at.
A paper introducing the rationale and a first version of the OWL
ontology has been presented at ESWC05: Wernher Behrendt, Aldo
Gangemi, Wolfgang Maass, Rupert Westenthaler: "Towards an
Ontology-based Distributed Architecture for Paid Content".
The ontology is a plug-in to the DOLCE-Lite-Plus ontology library:
http://dolce.semanticweb.org.

Aldo

--

Aldo Gangemi