Re: [MM] Schedule of the TF

At 11:48 AM 9/15/2005 +0200, Guus Schreiber wrote:
>Giorgos Stamou wrote:
>
>>And some administrative issues-questions to Guus:
>
>>1. Is there any formal W3C form for the deliverables?
>
>Yes, see the editor's home page:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/2003/Editors/

I strongly urge that all editors of potential W3C Technical Reports
read this document.  The sidebar contains links to several tools that
will be important to you as you get closer to publishing.

("W3C Technical Report" is the name for the class of all documents
that appear as formal W3C publications -- and whose instances are
authoritatively identified by being listed in http://www.w3.org/TR/).

>Our publications are typically Working Group Notes, that we first publish as a Working Draft. Note that these term have a particular meaning in the W3C process. Publication of Working Drafts requires (amongst others) a decision from the Working Group. You typically start by creatuing an editor's draft, but you should make very clear that this has no official status yet. There were recently some pointers for how to do this, but I do not seem to be able to find these. Ralph?

"Style for Group-internal Drafts" [2], linked from the W3C Editor's Home Page
in bullet four of the "Guidelines" section [3].

   [2] http://www.w3.org/2005/03/28-editor-style.html
   [3] http://www.w3.org/2003/Editors/#quality

>>2. Is it possible to organize MM TF telecons using W3C facilities and how we
>>can do this?
>
>Yes. Ralph is the best person to ask help on this.

I am happy to assist but please read first the instructions for
requesting teleconference facilities [4].  These instructions and
many other good resources for Working Group participants are
listed in "The Art of Consensus, A Guidebook for W3C Working
Group Chairs and other Collaborators" [5].  I commend that
document to your attention as well.

   [4] http://www.w3.org/Guide/1998/08/TeleconferenceHowTo.htm
   [5] http://www.w3.org/Guide/Overview.html

Please note that an important factor in demonstrating that
consensus has been reached is clear documentation of
all Task Force proceedings.  Generally the email archive
provides this function.  It is vital to include a report on every
teleconference to the mail archive as soon as practical after
the teleconference has taken place.  (This helps those who
were present as much as it helps others who are watching.)

>>3. Do you need some material and/or help from us for adding to the SWBP WG
>>homepage the TF information?
>
>Ralph, can you include the MM TF description to our home page?

already done

>>p.s. Members that have the possibility (like John and Jane, I am sure for
>>others) please contact your AC rep in order to become members of the SWPD WG
>>and thus be able to join the telecons.

yes, please!