Re: The semantics of rdfs:label

From: Ian Davis <iand@internetalchemy.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:21:32 +0100 (BST)
To: danbri@w3.org
Cc: "Christopher Welty" <welty@us.ibm.com>, danbri@w3.org, "Lars Marius Garshol" <larsga@ontopia.net>, public-swbp-wg@w3.org, public-swbp-wg-request@w3.org

danbri@w3.org wrote:

> The problem I have with this, is that the Full version is somewhat
> hidden away from crawlers and GUIs, who may not yet have the smarts
> to understand this idiom and follow (for example) an rdfs:seeAlso from
> the RDF you'd find at the namespace to the unexpurgated edition.

Would it be better if the owl-full version was available from
http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/ and a new sub-property of seeAlso used to refer
to the DL version for those that care. Agents that don't understand the
property can follow the seeAlso and incorporate the OWL DL safely into the
OWL Full version.

Ian