RE: [OEP] minutes of 5/26 telecon - Naming the 3rd Use Case

After a brief chat with Evan, I finally actually [think that I]
understand what the distinction is.

For both use cases 1 & 2:
* There is a distinguished participant in the relation, the subject.
* There are also n-1 remaining participants of the relation

For use case 3, there is no such distinguished participant, period.

What distinguishes use cases 1 and 2 is
- how we view the remaining n-1 participants in the relation,
- how we view the overall n-ary relation

Use case 1:
* there is a single distinguished participant among the remaining n-1
participants
* this [second] distinguished participant of the relation is viewed as
the object of a [notional] binary relation. The remaining n-2
participants of the n-ary relation are seen as further modifying the
binary relation, "attributes of the relation", in Natasha's words.

Use cased 2:
* there is NO single distinguished participant among the remaining n-1
participants
* the n-ary relation does not naturally correspond to any notional
binary relation.

What I failed to glean form the text is that there are two levels of
'distinguished' participants for use case 1.

Is this correct?
Mike

PS: I'm not proposing that these words are good ones for the document,
I'm just wanting to see if we are on the same page.

Mike Uschold
Boeing Phantom Works
425 865-3605