Re: [HTML] Re: additional GRDDL editor

On Tue, 17 May 2005 13:58:35 -0500, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 2005-05-13 at 07:48 +0100, Dave Beckett wrote:
> [...]
> > I was interested enough in GRDDL to try implementing it, as I think
> > getting semantics out of xhtml1 (and xml) is important enough to
> > continue the GRDDL approach, while other things such as RDF/A are
> > moving on for xhtml2+.
> >
> > So, if some effort is needed I think I may offer help as co-editor
> > if I can slot it in with my DAWG work and also trying to get
> > Turtle into some kind of Note too.
>
> That sounds interesting!
>

> > What are the goals for GRDDL in the short term - timescales,
> > expected document status (WG note?), community review?
>
> Good question...
>
> Meanwhile, as the GRDDL Note was long overdue
> for an update and it doesn't yet have a home WG, ...

I think the suggestion is that SWBPD WG would be the home?  I think
that from chatting to the chairs briefly in Tokyo, they think it
could live in the SWBPD.  I'm not sure of the process that makes the
WG adopt this document, since the HTMLTF is already jointly part of
SWBPD.

> ... I started
> the ball rolling on the "team submission" process, and it
> culminated yesterday in...
>
>  http://www.w3.org/TeamSubmission/2005/SUBM-grddl-20050516/

That's a new process to me.  I guess it creates a fixed document
for the current state.

So the advantages of a WG Note version would be extra review/eyeballs
and more linking to other best practice and deployment work.

If I was to help I'd probably just respond to any feedback but leave
the document mostly as it is now.

> --
> D3C2 887B 0F92 6005 C541  0875 0F91 96DE 6E52 C29E
> see you at XTech in Amsterdam 24-27 May?

As you say, I will see you at XTech next work.  I see in the schedule
that Dom is also speaking, about GRDDL :) so maybe we can discuss it
there?

Dave