Re: [SKOS, SPARQL, ALL] Closure and SPARQL

On 12 Dec2005, at 12:58, Pat Hayes wrote:
> RDF uses a graph *syntax*, but that is merely a syntactic
> convention. Nothing follows from this about transitivity or
> otherwise of the relations described by an RDF graph.

I think this may be the key to the different ways of thinking.  As
far as I am concerned, RDF *is* a (particular type of) graph.  The
syntactic conventions are its several serialization formats.  And, as
a graph, RDF has a native concept of relations between things which
are connected to other things via yet more things (transitivity).

Regards,
Dave