RE: meeting record: 2004-11-18 SWBPD telecon

Hi Holger,

I wondering if you are referring to something I said on the telecon.  I couldn't tell because you didn't give a reference to where you read the statement concerned.  If it was me and I was interpretted as suggesting that there is a bug in Protégé I mispoke; I meant that we are having a problem with Protégé but haven't yet determined for certain whether it is a problem with Protégé or us.

In any case I agree with you; those of us who benefit from the efforts of those who provide high quality free software such as Protégé owe a duty to report issues back to the developers.  Having been on the receiving end of some less than helpful bug reports, I also think we owe have a duty to be as helpful as possible and try to isolate the simplest circumstances in which the bug occurs.

Viral, A student working with me has reported a problem to me with the Wordnet schema when we mix the Owl and RDFS portions in the same file.  Viral spent a lot of time Friday trying to track the problem down, but hasn't got there yet.  I haven't had time to try to isolate the cause of the problem and check if its something we are doing.  If it does turn out to be a problem with Protégé, we'll report it.

However, you have reminded me that I owe you another report that I have isolated.  I'll send that to the protégé list as soon as I've sent this.

Brian