Re: telcon Nov. 18

Christopher Welty wrote:

> I would like to propose that we either adopt a regular telecon schedule or
> plan the telecons a few months in advance.  It is difficult enough
> remembering which week we have a telecon and then which time we have the
> telecon on the weeks that we have it,  without - as we seem to have done
> this week - occasionally cancelling a telecon and moving it to a week that
> we would ordinarily not have one.
>
> So, what is the long term effect of this new meeting time?  Has the
> alternation now shifted by a week?  In other words, will telecons be held
> every other week starting Nov. 18, or is the Nov. 18th telecon just the
> rescheduled Nov. 11th telecon, and we will have another telecon on Nov.
> 25, resuming the original alternation pattern.

Chris,

Point takes, I can understand your worry. For now w we have three
telecons planned. As we agreed the WG home page always has the the
current schedule (Nov 18, Dec, Dec 16), but I'm happy to consider
planning this further in advance. I'll include a brief poll during the
telecon about this.

Guus

> BTW, REGRETS for this thursday's telecon, as I have a prior committment
> that I specifically scheduled during a week we weren't supposed to have a
> telecon.
>
> -Chris
>
> Dr. Christopher A. Welty, Knowledge Structures Group
> IBM Watson Research Center, 19 Skyline Dr., Hawthorne, NY  10532     USA
>
> Voice: +1 914.784.7055,  IBM T/L: 863.7055, Fax: +1 914.784.7455
> Email: welty@watson.ibm.com, Web:
> http://www.research.ibm.com/people/w/welty/

Tel: +31 20 444 7739/7718
E-mail: schreiber@cs.vu.nl