re: [vm,all] revised scope statement

Please be aware that the OASIS (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic
Content SC are working towards the use of Thesauri and ontologies

< Thomas Baker <thomas.baker@izb.fraunhofer.de>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 12:02:03 +0200
To: SW Best Practices <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

Danny's comment prompted me to expand and elaborate on the
scope section as a whole.  I have also added "Registries"
to the list of things that should be mentioned in a VM note,
but not discussed in detail.
-- Registries: Registries are applications that hold,
>        ingest, or harvest vocabularies for display, search,
>        tool configuration, inferencing, or other such
>        services.  The VM note could perhaps point to some
>        registry-building efforts in the context of saying
>        that they are basically out of scope.

regards
carl
--
Carl Mattocks

co-Chair OASIS (ISO/TS 15000) ebXMLRegistry Semantic Content SC
co-Chair OASIS Business Centric Methodology TC
CEO CHECKMi
v/f (usa) 908 322 8715
www.CHECKMi.com
Semantically Smart Compendiums