Re: [OEP] Draft of a note on n-ary relations

Alan Rector a écrit :
> I think this approach has a serious problem in that
> it assumes that there an only be one temperature (...)

Alan,

I completely agree with your remark and my message was confusing.

In fact, the purpose of this message [2] was not to defend a particular
approach (most of the time I use the option of reifying the instances of
the n-ary relation).
My point really was that, IMO, a maximum of different possible options
should be listed in the design pattern with their pros and cons like I
tried to propose in a previous message [1].

What I was trying to avoid is to have a reader thinking we did not see
an alternative approach while it was in fact implicitly discarded
because of reasons that seemed obvious to us.
I think all the options we can think of should be listed and discussed,
even briefly, to provide the design rationale that really makes the
design pattern reusable.

But then again, may be I completely missed the point of this note,

Fabien

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004May/0128.html
[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-swbp-wg/2004Jun/0054.html

--
"men build too many walls and not enough bridge."
                                 -- Isaac Newton.