Re: [ALL] review of n-ary relations

Natasha Noy wrote:
>     I found it slightly disappointing that two out of the three examples
>     were medical. I think it would be easy to replace example 2 by an
>     example from a different domain than example 1 and example 3.
>

> What is the problem with using medical examples? It seems that the ones
> in the note are pretty straightforward and don't require any medical
> knowledge.

Just that people relate best to examples from their own domain.
Obviously most readers will find the examples used are not in their
domain, but by having two out of three examples from one domain you
reduce the ability to show relevance across the board. This is not a big
issue for me, but I think minor mods would give the document greater reach.

>     RDF reification: I think the sentence referring the interested
>     reader to
>     the discussion of reification in RDF could be deleted. However, others
>     in the WG may disagree, and if the editors were to follow my
>     preference,
>     it would be worth drawing WGs attention to this change.
>

> I agree with Ralph on this one: topics are related and putting a
> reference shouldn't hurt, if only to preempt an obvious questions.

I think I've lost that discussion ...

>     A-Box and T-Box should have different namespaces.
>     =================================================
>
>     The typical user would be importing the ontology and creating their
>     instances in their own namespace (if the TF wanted to address this then
>     also the individual names for the participants in the relationship are
>     impacted)
>

> well, I am not sure we really need this distinction for the note. given
> how small the examples are, I would be reluctant to break them up. I
> don't see any benefit of doing this. I'll add this as an open issue as
> well though.

That's fine - if you get more feedback on this, then we can reconsider
... but I am happy to follow your judgment

Jeremy