Fw: Software Engineering Task Force Membership

Phil Tetlow
Senior Consultant
IBM Business Consulting Services
Mobile. (+44) 7740 923328
----- Forwarded by Phil Tetlow/UK/IBM on 14/12/2004 13:39 -----

             Phil
             Tetlow/UK/IBM
             14/12/2004 08:03          "Jeff Z. Pan"
                                       <Jeff.Pan@manchester.ac.uk>, "Ralph
                                       R. Swick" <swick@w3.org>
                                                                        cc
                                       "Daniel Oberle" <oberle@w3.org>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Software Engineering Task Force
                                       Membership(Document link: Phil
                                       Tetlow)

Jeff

I have indirectly asked Dan Connely for advice on this and I think that
Ralph should be asked to advise as well. My understanding is that anyone
wanting to participate directly in a Working Group should, as a minimum, be
a member of an affiliated organisation. If this is the case then Daniel
appears to be only associated with a W3C member and cannot, therefore
participate directly. If, however, Daniel has skills applicable to the Task
Force that no other member can contribute and the Task Force as a group
agrees, Daniel could participate as an invited expert. He must present a
valid case for this obviously.

Hopefully Ralph can confirm my understanding.....

Regards

Phil Tetlow
Senior Consultant
IBM Business Consulting Services
Mobile. (+44) 7740 923328

             "Jeff Z. Pan"
             <Jeff.Pan@manches
             ter.ac.uk>                                                 To
                                       "Daniel Oberle"
             14/12/2004 07:25          <oberle@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
                                                                        cc
                                       Phil Tetlow/UK/IBM@IBMGB, "Rudi
                                       Studer" <rst@aifb.uni-karlsruhe.de>
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Software Engineering Task Force

Hi Daniel,

I think at least you need an agreement with FZI so that they authorise you
represent their interests in the WG.  (Phil - please correct me if I am
wrong.)

Greetings,
Jeff