comment on N-ary relations draft

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 09:43:56 -0500 (EST)
To: public-swbp-wg@w3.org
Cc: joint-committee@daml.org

I just read the N-ary relations draft and I am somewhat confused as to why
it has the two representation patterns.  I don't see that the two patterns
are different in any substantial way as the only difference between them is
the direction of one arrow.  This difference may matter in some formalisms
but doesn't in RDF/RDFS (as they are too weak to notice much difference) or
OWL (as it has the inverse construct).

So, my question is why maintain the two different representation patterns?

Peter F. Patel-Schneider
Bell Labs Research