Re: [OEP] n-ary relations and topic maps

From: Lars Marius Garshol <larsga@ontopia.net>
Date: Tue, 07 Dec 2004 12:36:59 +0100
To: <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

* Bernard Vatant

| For the record, the idea to add a note about TM to the n-ary
| document arose before the TM Task Force was formed.
|
| I agree with Lars and Fabien.

I'm glad to hear that.

However, I think we now lost the point I *was* making. The n-ary
document is presumably going to make recommendations about how to
express n-ary relationships in RDF, and the RDFTM documents should
note this and

  1) explain how an RDF->TM converter can detect such relationships
     and correctly convert them to n-ary topic map associations,

  and

  2) explain how a TM->RDF converter can represent n-ary topic map
     association in RDF.

It now seems like this is mostly something for the RDFTM TF to think
about, but possibly with some consequences for the n-ary relations
draft.