[XSCH] value stuff finished (sort of)

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2004 17:25:37 +0000
To: SWBPD <public-swbp-wg@w3.org>

I've just completed and uploaded a first pass on the whole of the value
section.

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/BestPractices/XSCH/xsch-sw/#sec-values

Still to do in that section:
- sort out references
- summary table of examples versus approaches
- check XPath 2.0 eq details for dates and time
- update table of contents
- my own review and second pass

I hope to get some of those done tomorrow morning.

I have finessed the 'what does xpath eq mean problem' with the following
text:

[[
Using eq as the basis for typed literal value semantics in RDF and OWL
would, from an implementation point of view, amount to using eq at all
points where a comparison between two literals is needed. Since there
are many different approaches to implementing RDF and OWL semantics such
a procedural definition is somewhat unsatisfactory. If this approach is
pursused the next version of this document will characterize the
resulting implementation variability.
]]

I've included some further musings along the 'characterize the resulting
implementation variability.' dimensions but perhaps those musings should
go, since they are not properly thought out.