RE: No Standard Semantic Web Pragmatics?

Hi Jim --

At 05:59 PM 6/16/04 -0400, you wrote:
>In short, I realize what I am really arguing for is some sort of
>operational semantics of this stuff that makes some sense to us as humans,
>works well enough in practice for us to build systems out of, and someday
>can perhaps be formalized as an interesting new means of human-machine
>interaction

We have taken a stab at this in the Internet Business Logic
system.  There's an underlying highly declarative semantics at the
technical level, but at the all-important human level we attach English
sentences to predicates so that non-technical folks can have some idea of
their "operational" meaning in the real world.

The system is live, online at the site listed below.  On can us a browser
to run (and change) the examples RDFQueryLangComparison1 and
SemanticResolution1 to see how this can work.  There's also a "Semantic Web
Presentation" with some motivation for the approach.

Is that the kind of thing you are looking for?   Cheers, -- Adrian

                                            INTERNET BUSINESS LOGIC

                                              www.reengineeringllc.com

Dr. Adrian Walker
Reengineering LLC