RE: How does RDF/OWL formalism relate to meanings?

You haven't mentioned resources, URIs, or the identification of the
former by the later.  Is that involved?  So far, it seems that you
only need the main URI to hang the owl:FunctionalProperty elements on,
since the meaning is actually created by the addition of functional
properties.  Turning the question around, how does the URI/Resources
formalism relate to these meanings?  It would seem that the main
URI was almost irrelevant, you could substitute one for another
and, due to the functional properties, the meaning would be the same.
Is this right?  How about the notion of the strength of one of my
employees.  Are there functional properties I can use to get a URI
to communicate to my audience that one of my employees is really
strong?  How do I make a URI stand for my notion of strength, so
that I can be sure my audience gets it?