Re: Proposed issue: What does using an URI require of me and my software?

At 11:00 23/09/03 -0400, Bijan Parsia wrote:
>The main line is "that use of a URI in RDF implies a commitment to its
>ontology".

Er, what does it mean for a URI to have an ontology?

I originally read that statement loosely as meaning something like "Using
the URI in RDF is to make statements about what the owner of the URI claims
it to identify".  By this, using a URI *formally* means nothing.

#g

Graham Klyne
GK@NineByNine.org