Re: Compressed SVG? (and a couple of announcements)

On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 5:12 PM, Behdad Esfahbod <behdad@google.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Aug 23, 2014 at 12:59 AM, Robert O'Callahan <robert@ocallahan.org>
> wrote:
>
>> Why don't you just use WOFF?
>>

> Because it's not acceptable that we ship a 1MB WOFF font on Android
> devices that have to be decompressed to 5MB in every process that wants to
> use smilys.

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention.

You should be able to share a single decompressed version across all
processes, right?

If you put the most frequently used glyphs in their own document at the
start of the table, you won't have to decompress the rarely used glyphs.

Rob
owohooo
oioso
owohooo