Re: Draft SVG Community Group charter for discussion [via SVG Community Group]

Hi,

I intend to be more of an observer in the cg than an active participant, but I had a look at the charter.

It's on the long side, and I haven't spent that much time thinking through all the implications of the proposed mechanics, but overall it seems pretty reasonable to me. The goals, scope, and deliverables in particular seem well framed. The contribution mechanics, with Projects and Leads, seem to be a little on the process heavy side, but nothing strikes me as obviously wrong about them, so why not.

Other than that, here are a couple of minor comments:

> Does a standard definition of “incubation” for a specification already exist? I couldn't find one, but would prefer to link by reference instead of defining this here. Especially with respect to the boundary between incubation and the recommendation-track. —ABR

I don't think there's one. The topic has been discussed numerous times by numerous people, but there isn't a single authoritative definition that I know of. What you have in the charter seems reasonable.

> Dependencies or Liaisons

Maybe also list:
* the CSS-WG (because SVG and CSS overlap at times, and we should coordinate, not duplicate)
* The horizontal review groups (https://www.w3.org/Guide/process/charter.html#horizontal-review):
 • WAI Accessible Platform Architectures (APA) Working Group (for accessibility)
 • Internationalization Working Group
 • Security Interest Group (for security)
 • Privacy Interest Group (for privacy)
 • Technical Architecture Group (for technical architecture principles)

—Florian