Re: SVG2 spec.

We have separated out a document for ARIA authoring practices as they apply
to HTML and you can see that it is rather large:

We do have one for ARIA and HTML: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/aria-practices/

We would need to do a similar document for SVG. If we were to keep the
appendix I think it would be to highlight the accessibility features of SVG
but not to highlight how to use them. I would be willing to modify the
appendix to highlight the accessibility features but for the bigger
document we could coordinate that with Doug's SVG accessibility efforts for
the current state of the art. I do think it is needed.

Accessibility features of SVG2 off the top of my head:

- tabindex and new keyboard focus capability for JavaScript authors
- <desc>, <title> for name and description information
- location information delivered from the layout engine (Canvas does not
have this)
- WAI-ARIA 1.1
- lang attribute
- access to text

Potential: MathML embedded in SVG. I am having a call with Benetech and
Freedom Scientific this week to discuss the underlying OS mapping layers if
we were to go with this approach.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger