Re: SVGTL implementation for WebKit

Hi Dirk,

Purpose of SVGTL is to enable the publication and composition (mash-up) of
maps decralatively without programming skill or the help of specific web
services. I think that this function simplifies the publication of the maps.
And it is difficult to find such a function in other standards.

Of course I think that the open map data itself is important too.

By the way, considerably minute map data are open by the government in Japan.

Regards,

Satoru

<A1FDC251-8F82-48DD-8BF8-7472269E8C7D@dschulze.com> の、
   "Re: SVGTL implementation for WebKit" において、
   "Dirk Schulze <dirk@dschulze.com>"さんは書きました:

> Hello Satoru,
>
> To be honest,: I don't see the sense in this feature. I can understand that
people demand more features for rendering maps, like super strokes or special
dash arrays. But why does SVG need the capability to automatically calculate,
clip and render real world map data to something visible on the screen? We
already have GML and some other open markup languages for describing map data.
 And as far as I can see SVGTL is not about replacing them. But why can't
other applications transform the data to visible content? And the argument
that these applications are proprietary (like described in the short video[1])
 doesn't really fit. I don't see a problem in writing open source applications
 for the transformation if they are really required. The main problem is more
that the map data itself is proprietary. But you can find alternatives even in
 this point like the open street map project.

--
高木 悟(Satoru Takagi)
KDDI株式会社 技術開発本部

この電子メール及び添付書類は名宛人のための秘密情報を含んで