Re: List of features from SVG Tiny 1.2 not in SVG 1.1

Le 05/08/2011 19:24, Tab Atkins Jr. a écrit :
> On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 4:08 AM, Cyril Concolato
> <cyril.concolato@telecom-paristech.fr>  wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Following up on ACTION-3100, I've set up a page describing the features that
>> are in SVG Tiny 1.2 but not in SVG 1.1 2nd Ed. The page is here:
>> http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/WG/wiki/SVG_Tiny_1.2_feature_backport
>> I may have missed some or made mistakes. Please review it and comment/modify
>> the page.
>> This closes the action.
>
> Small question related to this.
>
> Given that colors are already paint servers in SVG, what's the purpose
> of<solidColor>?  Is it solely to allow you to fill with a
> partially-transparent color?  If so, it seems like we could address
> this easily by just adopting the additional color functions defined in
> CSS.
I think the idea was to be able to define in a <defs> the color palette used in the scene to be able to modify or animate the palette in a single place. As Tav and Vincent said, we wanted to use solid colors (color and opacity) as gradients, and remember that CSS stylesheets are not mandatory in SVG Tiny 1.2.

Cyril

--
Cyril Concolato
Groupe Multimedia/Multimedia Group